SideFX announced that they will show its GDC 2020 presentations online on March 25-27. Don’t miss it out and check out the schedule!
SideFX will bring the GDC Hive online this year since GDC has been postponed. In three days, you will have an opportunity to dive into the Houdini world with presentations from SideFX technical experts and industry professionals and also enjoy live streams of games made in Houdini.
Don't forget to join our Discord channel to discuss the presentations!
Here is the schedule:
Wednesday, March 25 - Online Presentations
- 12.00 PM - 1.00 PM - Creating reactive environments for CONTROL by Johannes Richter from Remedy Entertainment
- 1.00 PM - 2.30 PM - WaveFunctionCollapse Supercharged with PDG for Level Generation by Paul Ambrosiussen from SideFX
- 2.30 PM - 3.00 PM - Grid-Based Games by Patrick McAvena from Moving Pieces Interactive
- 4.00 PM - 4.30 PM - Age of Empire II Definitive Edition, using a tool created in Houdini FX by Jerome Hereng from Virtuos
- 4.30 PM - 5.30 PM - Procedural Tools for Data Handling by Thomas Tobin from Ubisoft
- 5.30 PM - 6.00 PM - SOP-Based Dynamics for Games by John Moncrief from SideFX
- 6.00 PM - 7.00 PM - Get Rid Of The Boring In Your Pipeline: How We Got Started by Florian Gantzert & Clemens Berger from KLab Inc.
Thursday, March 26 - Online Presentations
- 12.30 PM - 1.30 PM - Crafting Procedural Assets for Unity and Unreal by Simon Verstraete from SideFX
- 1.30 PM - 2.00 PM - Destruction Tools and Techniques Used For Borderlands 3 by Caitlyn Trout from Gearbox
- 2.00 PM - 3.00 PM - The Secret Language of Houdini for Games by Robert Magee from SideFX
- 4.00 PM - 4.30 PM - Tips and Tricks for Improving VR Game Dev Workflows by Maria Mishurenko from Synesthetic Echo
- 4.30 PM - 5.30 PM - It Just Needs to Work On Paper | Houdini R&D for Real-time by Mai Ao from Schell Games LLC
- 5.30 PM - 6.00 PM - Make your Artists Love You by Thomas Tobin from Ubisoft
- 6.00 PM - 7.00 PM - Indie gamedev with Houdini and UE4 by Kristian Kebbe
Friday, March 27 - Made With Houdini - Game Streams
- 12.00 PM - 12.30 PM - Dodo Peak
- 12.30 PM - 1.00 PM - Control
- 1.00 PM - 1.30 PM - Borderlands 3
- 1.30 PM - 2.00 PM - Nanotale - Typing Chronicles
- 2.00 PM - 2.30 PM - Trailmakers
- 3.00 PM - 3.30 PM - Planet Alpha
- 3.30 PM - 4.00 PM - Blink Rogues
- 4.00 PM - 4.30 PM - Game Jam / Houdini Winner
- 4.30 PM - 5.00 PM - Bizarre Barber VR
- 5.00 PM - 5.30 PM - The Morrigan VR
Check the official website for updates!