Grab a chance to showcase your skills in ray-tracing on mobile by joining a series of competitions, Imagination Originals.
Tech company Imagination Technologies has started a series of competitions that creates an opportunity for game developers to showcase their technical and artistic skills in lighting for 3D game art. Here are a few details on the submission and deadlines.
General requirements for submission:
- 1x real-time 3D mobile quality artwork (environment, character, diorama, etc.). This should be rendered from multiple angles and perspectives.
- 3x high-resolution renders (1920px or above on the longest edge) showcasing the artwork.
- 1x Callout-sheet showcasing textures and model wireframes for key assets present in the artwork.
- 1x 30-second video containing, fly-throughs, or turntables to showcase the scene hosted on YouTube or Vimeo and embedded.
Technical constraints for your art:
- The following ray-tracing post-processing settings should be applied.
- All projects must be made using the “Mobile” quality pre-set upon creation of the project in UE4 with ray-tracing enabled.
- Ray-tracing rendering features.
- All textures and materials must conform to the guidelines in the reference materials.
- Models should make effective use of texturing and be modeled with an efficient polygon count to ensure smooth performance on mobile devices.
The contest is aimed at solo creators, no team projects will be accepted. The whole project should be done by the artist who joined the competition. The use of blueprints, systems, assets from 3rd parties should be referenced properly in the submission.
- Entry to the competition will end on January 14, 2021, at 09:00 GMT.
- Submissions of completed works will close on February 15, 2021, at 09:00 GMT.
- Winners will be announced on March 15, 2021, at 15:00 GMT.
Your artwork will be judged by the Imagination Technologies team and guest judges and will go through 2 phases: visual impact and technical efficiency.
The winner of the 1st place will receive a prize of £1,000 or the equivalent value in the winner's local currency. The winners of 2 runner-up places will get prizes of £250 or the equivalent value in the winners' local currency.
Visit the website to find more information on the competition.
Imagination Technologies provides a number of technical solutions, including GPU-based technologies, acceleration of the possibilities of AI and neural networks, and software for connectivity solutions based on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The power-efficient PowerVR GPU technology enhances the workflow in multiple areas: 2D and 3D graphics, smartphones, and console apps. The key feature of the tech is enabling a ray-tracing lighting solution on a mobile platform.
Visit the official website to find more information on the solutions. Don't forget to join our new Telegram channel, our Discord, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, latest news, awesome artworks, and more.