I've never heard of isolating the green channel of the normal map and using it as a paint layer. What effect does that create exactly?
WARNING They dont listen to their users as much as they like to say they do. Check their forums. Plenty of requests go unanswered. Their "To Do" list has been outdated. They lack staple features such as a Text Tool, Adjustment Layers, Channels, Layer Styling, Proper Cropping. Paintstorm cant even resize a photo correctly (It will always leave a border when resizes). You also run into square artifacts occasionally. There have also been several instances were paintstorm was detected as malware, once called out, the dev reuploads a clean version. This happened at least twice from forum reports and Virus Total. Aside from the very obvious lack of support and maintinence. The brush system is good. However a good brush engine will not replace the other basic features and functions paintstorm lacks. DO NOT expect support. This is definitely a homegrown app and it shows. If you want a versatile brush engine, clip studio or even krita is where its at.
Inbetweengames, a new indie studio from some of the people behind Spec Ops: The Line, cancelled Dead Island 2, and the team of The Mammoth: A Cave Painting announced their first commercial title called All Walls Must Fall.
Inbetweengames, an indie development team in Berlin founded by three former YAGER veterans, decided to release their own game called All Walls Must Fall. It is a tech-noir spy thriller set in Berlin 2089 where the Cold War never ended. A game in the isometric action tactics genre, you command secret agents using time travel, social stealth and combat. Prevent nuclear annihilation. Bring down the Wall. Love, kill, and remix reality to explore the meaning of freedom in a parable reflecting upon current global issues in the mirror of a fantastic future past.
In early summer 2015, we were 4 developers still employed at YAGER in Berlin, where we were working on Dead Island 2. About two months before Ludum Dare 33, we got the news that Dead Island 2 would be cancelled. It didn’t take us long to realize that most of us would wind up being made redundant from YAGER as a result. So we decided to jam for Ludum Dare 33 to cope with the situation somehow and made The Mammoth: A Cave Painting.
After years working in the AAA mines and seeing our work cancelled on the altar of money we figured it was time for us to try something different. So we decided to take a leap of faith and form our own indie team to make the kind of games we would not get the chance to make otherwise. We also just announced our first commercial game All Walls Must Fall – A Tech-Noir Tactics Game
For 150 years of Cold War both sides have used temporal technology to counter each other’s every move. But this deadly love is finally coming to an end as a rogue nuclear strike has both sides sending agents back in time to find out who did it and how to prevent it before everything turns to ash forever.
Over the course of a journey that jumps and loops through a single night in the city, players will unravel the conspiracy keeping East and West locked in struggle and oppression. As lines between factions become blurred, choices become difficult. Which side to play? Who to side with? When both time and free will are an illusion – who can you really trust? Will your actions tear down the Wall, bring stability, or perpetuate a cycle of war and terror? In the end all walls must fall.
- Isometric action tactics game for download on PC and Mac
- Procedurally generated levels and campaign that plays different every time
- Developed by a team of former AAA professionals using Unreal Engine 4
- Tech-Noir Berlin as a divided city, in which the Cold War never ended
- A parable that reflects on free will, moral ambiguity and the meaning of freedom
- Mixed 2D/3D art style of a propaganda poster brought to life
- Mind-bending time manipulation abilities
- Pausable real-time tactics with actions on the beat of the music
- Synaesthetic nightclub environments and audio
- A simulation sandbox featuring crowd simulation and destructible environment
- A focus on player agency and expression fostering different play styles including combat, hacking and social stealth using specialized secret agent characters
- An inclusive representation of the people of Berlin featuring their diverse cultural, sexual and gender identities
All Walls Must Fall will be available on Steam Early Access in Fall 2016.
Source: inbetweengames blog