IMB’s GDC Showcase to House 24 Indie Dev Teams at a New Location in Moscone West; Monday & Tuesday to Feature a set of 12 Games, Wednesday through Friday to Host Another 12 Teams
San Francisco – February 26, 2019 – The Indie MEGABOOTH (IMB) organizers have revealed their 2019 Game Developers Conference (GDC) Showcase roster at the world’s largest industry event dedicated to video game developers. Following last year’s model, the IMB GDC 2019 showcase will feature a dozen playable titles on Monday and Tuesday, and then a fresh batch of twelve curated games will close out the event showing Wednesday through Friday. To celebrate the IMB GDC 2019 showcase lineup reveal, the organizers have released a gameplay montage trailer featuring all the participants, sans one yet-to-be-announced title from Flight School Studio.
The IMB GDC showcase, one exhibit among a number of GDC Community Spaces, will be located on the 2nd level of West Hall in the Moscone Center and is open to all GDC badge types. Attendees can connect with participating developers and play their games in a relaxed setting from Monday through Friday.
Of the 24 titles in the IMB GDC 2019 showcase, 21 dev teams will be showing new content in some shape or form, whether it be first time publicly playable, a new level, or gameplay features, etc. Of the games that were selected for the showcase, seven will be playable for the first time, including the title by Flight School Studio that will be officially revealed during GDC week. Following its announcement last week, The Wandering Ben will be showcasing Airborne Kingdom as well.
The Indie MEGABOOTH GDC 2019 Showcase Lineup and Schedule:
Monday & Tuesday (listed alphabetically):
- Airborne Kingdom * (The Wandering Band)
- Anew: The Distant Light (Resonator)
- DiceTrek * (DFitz Games)
- Disco Elysium ** (ZA/UM Studio)
- Looking For Heals * (Blue Bomber Games)
- She Dreams Elsewhere ** (Studio Zevere)
- Those Who Remain * (Camel 101)
- Tick Tock: A Tale for Two (Other Tales Interactive)
- TwinCop ** (Finite Reflection Studios)
- Where the Bees Make Honey ** (Wakefield Interactive)
- while True: learn() * (Luden.io)
- Wintermoor Tactics Club ** (EVC)
Wednesday-Friday (listed alphabetically):
- Black Future ’88 ** (SUPERSCARYSNAKES)
- Heaven’s Vault ** (inkle)
- Hell is Other Demons * (Cuddle Monster)
- Kaisuo (Team Lantern)
- Losswords ** (Local No. 12)
- One Step From Eden ** (Thomas Moon Kang)
- Shadow Brawlers ** (Team Guazu)
- Sloppy Forgeries ** (Jonah Warren)
- The Wild at Heart ** (Moonlight Kids)
- Unannounced Title * (Flight School Studio)
- ValeGuard ** (Lost Tower Games)
- Wave Break ** (Funktronic Labs)
* Denotes titles that have been recently revealed and/or are publicly playable for the first time either globally or in North America
** Titles that will showcase a new demo/content/level/features/
“The variety among the titles that were selected to participate in our annual GDC showcase speaks volumes about our curation approach. There’s something for everyone, from clever puzzle games, to narrative driven titles, to action adventure, and even some strategy and horror. We even have a digital kinetic board game showing with us!” said Kelly Wallick, CEO & Founder of Indie MEGABOOTH. “We’re proud to be returning to GDC and to give these indie devs a chance to get their games in front of other developers and new potential partners. It’s going to be an inspiring week with loads of networking opportunities.”
For more information about IMB visit indiemegabooth.com, or follow them on Twitter or Instagram @IndieMEGABOOTH. To stay indie know and up to date on IMB news, developers and indie game fans can join the IMB community via Discord or subscribe to the monthly newsletter. For more info about GDC 2019, visit gdconf.com/.
About Indie MEGABOOTH
Founded by Kelly Wallick, Indie MEGABOOTH (IMB) is a hand-curated traveling showcase of passionate creators working together to bring independent games to the forefront of the gaming community’s mind. Its mission is to give small teams equal footing for thoughtful, atypical experiences frequently reserved for multi-million dollar AAA titles at events such as PAX West, PAX East, GDC, E3, WePlay, among others. Since 2011, IMB has been connecting its global Alumni Network of more than 700 developers to business partners, press, and fans. At its core, IMB prides itself in crafting long-term mutually beneficial relationships and being advocates for the indie dev community at large.