Thanks, Allar! Good luck with your new project!
Who just carries around $250.000 worth of files on a portable hardrive without any backups.. The bug is stupid, but this guy is a moron.
Michael Allar here. Thanks a bunch for posting this, I really appreciate it. I'm also the guy who wrote that Confessions article that was posted here on 80.lvl as well.
Great news, fellow developers! You can now download thousands of assets from Infinity Blade Collection for free in the Unreal Marketplace! This collection worths a $3 million investment in art and sound design.
Here’s the TLDR on the 7,600 assets shipping in eight packs:
- Infinity Blade: Grass Lands is the earthy citadel adorned with stone set pieces and beautiful props.
- Infinity Blade: Ice Lands is the wintery fort set deep within a glacial enclave.
- Infinity Blade: Fire Lands is the radiant castle interior laced with unforgiving paths, dramatic props and flowing lava.
- Infinity Blade: Warriors includes loads of assets for crafting fierce heroes.
- Infinity Blade: Adversaries has even more content for a making wide variety of rivals.
- Infinity Blade: Effects gives you visual effects ranging from fire and smoke to lightning and magical reactions.
- Infinity Blade: Sounds includes thousands of raw audio files and sound cues.
- Infinity Blade: Weapons presents a vast array of melee weaponry, including never-before-seen swords and axes and also a few Infinity Blade fan favorites.
You can use it in any Unreal Engine 4 project, no strings attached.
CONTENT TERMS FAQ
Can I use the Infinity Blade Collection content in other engines?
This content is not permitted for use in non-Unreal Engine games.
What’s up with that?
In the Marketplace Agreement, Epic is permitted to sublicense the Marketplace content pursuant to the Unreal Engine EULA. In the EULA, a Product is a product that is made using UE4 or that combines the Licensed Technology with any other software or content, regardless of how much or little of the Licensed Technology is used. Licensed Technology is defined to include Content, and Content includes Marketplace Content.
In layman’s terms, please…
In other words, using Marketplace Content makes a product a Product. These assets can only be used in Unreal Engine 4 projects, with no exceptions.