Here is your chance to take part in the development of Marvel's Wolverine.
Insomniac Games, Inc., the developer behind Marvel's Spider-Man and the Ratchet & Clank series, is looking for a gameplay programmer with excellent abilities in designing and implementing character behavior, controls, and camera for third-person AAA action games.
This employee will collaborate closely with the game director to create player experiences in projects like Marvel’s Wolverine and will have to work on Logan himself.
Insomniac claims that a new gameplay programmer will join a team that is focused on creating fascinating games and elevating creative talent.
- Design and implement core combat and traversal systems for third-person, character-based games;
- Drive the development of innovative player mechanics;
- Work closely with content creators on feature implementation, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals;
- Build and improve proprietary tools to expose gameplay features and systems to content creators;
- Solicit feedback from content creators on how to streamline workflow and improve efficiency;
- Provide time estimates to leads and management and keep co-workers up-to-date on the progress of programming work as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation.
- Four to six years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry;
- Strong 3D math skills, including but not limited to practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrices and matrix transformations, and the various different representations of rotations (Euler, angle-axis, quaternion);
- The basics of intersection testing and collision are a plus;
- Proficient with an application programming language (C and C++);
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards;
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms;
- Familiarity with commercial content creation packages;
- Familiarity with component-based programming paradigms;
Great interpersonal skills, the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment, and dedication towards individual and team growth will be a plus. If you have the ability to drive the creation of fun and innovative gameplay, you're flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables, can work independently and efficiently when required, and are able to multitask several time-intensive tasks at once, you'll be a perfect candidate.