Awesome! I had been working on a similar project couldn't figure out the snow on the trees for the life of me! It's great to see how you approached it. The work look great! Thanks for sharing your process.
I believe author would be surprised that it's not american, but soviet bunker :)
Have you missed Pixologic’s presentation on the future of ZBrush? The new version is here and it is amazing! First of all, the team introduced Sculptris Pro, a dynamic tessellation sculpting workflow. What is more, the latest version brings a unique deformer, Project Primitive, that offers a new way to blend multiple pieces of geometry together. Want more? Here is an overview just for you!
Check out some details on the new features from the team:
We are pleased to introduce Sculptris Pro, a dynamic tessellation sculpting workflow that enables you to ignore the constraints of polygon distribution and just — sculpt! Sculptris Pro makes it possible for you to begin with any shape or model, whether it has ten polygons or ten thousand. There is absolutely no need to worry about having enough polygons to capture details.
With Sculptris Pro you can simply brush across the surface. Sculptris Pro will dynamically add and reduce polygons wherever and whenever it’s needed, freeing you to focus entirely on the look you’re trying to achieve. Start with a sphere, cube, cone or any other mesh and have some fun with Sculptris Pro.
Project Primitive is a unique deformer that offers a new way to blend multiple pieces of geometry together. Use multiple primitives to reshape a mesh, cut into a surface, build up from another mesh, and more.
ZBrush 2018 provides PolygroupIt — an entirely new way to create the polygon groupings that are so essential to a smooth workflow. PolygroupIt accurately evaluates the surface of a model in real-time, generating intelligent groupings with a single button click. Creating Polygroups has never been so easy. With PolygroupIt you can delete, add, copy & paste, grow or shrink, create Polygroups symmetrically and even use PolyPaint to trace out exactly what you want your Polygroups to look like.
That’s not all! Here are other things to find in the newest version:
- Elastic Option for Curve Mode
- Liquid Option for Curve Mode
- Equidistant Gizmo Mesh Duplication
- Remember Draw Size
- Remember Dynamic Mode for Draw Size
- Tessimate Geometry
- New PolyGroup by Normals Algorithm
- Added Draw Transformation Border option to hide transformation border
- Increased OBJ Import file size capacity
- Increased Output Size for 3D Print Hub
- New Snake Hook Brushes for Scultpris Pro
- Option to Save Startup Default Material
- QuickSaves Can Now be Saved to Any Hard Drive
- New Activation and License Management System with Unique Login Support
- Create Displacement Maps from the highest subdiv level if HD geometry levels are present
- OBJ Import will not accept Color Vertex information
- Presets added to Decimation Master
Take a look at some amazing artworks created with the help of the latest version: