As a indie developer in a country that don't have a commercial agreement with the US, I hope steam listen to Epic. Steam takes 30% of my revenue, and US gov. get another 30%, than I need to pay taxes in my country (Brazil). So in the end, i get roughly 20% of the full price.
Nice to meet great personality who has excellent talent in 3D characterization and found here best example. Caroline, http://www.personalstatementfolks.co.uk
The game lovers of Epic Games will be disappointed to know that from now onward seam would stop doing exclusives if Steam lifted its revenue cut for developers. William, http://www.eliteassignment.co.uk
Have a look at a new digital asset for Houdini called Ivy Taming. The asset is said to let users grow, style, and animate ivies from point seeds on any closed polygonal object.
- artistic control: custom curves, mask painting
- physical control: gravity, light, branching
- collision-free: collisions are avoided by progressive decimation
- custom shapes: use any shape for leaves with control over their distribution
- build up: curves for lianas, packed prims for leaves, and plenty of attributes, are all exposed to let you design your own growth animation or. e.g. to send to vellum
Files Included :
- MC_IvyTaming_GeoGuide.hda : to create guide geometry
- MC_IvyTaming_Core.hda: to create your ivy (closed-source)
- MC_IvyTaming_Anim.hda: an example for post-animating the ivy
- IvyTamingExample.hip: an example file
- Houdini 16.5 +
- Beginner knowledge of Houdini
- for huge collision-free scenes, you need a beefy rig
- An Internet Connection while using the product (license checks)
You can also contact the developer. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below.