Thanks for sharing and detailed production breakdown
i thought there wouldnt be anything better than akeytsu for creating easy animations. im happy if i am proven wrong.
Keith, I just wanted to stop by and say: Thank you.
Have a look at a new digital asset for Houdini called Ivy Taming. The asset is said to let users grow, style, and animate ivies from point seeds on any closed polygonal object.
- artistic control: custom curves, mask painting
- physical control: gravity, light, branching
- collision-free: collisions are avoided by progressive decimation
- custom shapes: use any shape for leaves with control over their distribution
- build up: curves for lianas, packed prims for leaves, and plenty of attributes, are all exposed to let you design your own growth animation or. e.g. to send to vellum
Files Included :
- MC_IvyTaming_GeoGuide.hda : to create guide geometry
- MC_IvyTaming_Core.hda: to create your ivy (closed-source)
- MC_IvyTaming_Anim.hda: an example for post-animating the ivy
- IvyTamingExample.hip: an example file
- Houdini 16.5 +
- Beginner knowledge of Houdini
- for huge collision-free scenes, you need a beefy rig
- An Internet Connection while using the product (license checks)
You can also contact the developer. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below.