Check out the 80LV preselected list of job openings for Character, Environment, Concept, and Technical Artists.
Today we've gathered job openings in the leading game and art companies that would be a perfect match for experienced creatives. You may review each job posting in detail by clicking on the title and share the postings with your friends.
Jobs for Character Artists:
1. Lead Character Artist at Black Shamrock - A Virtuos Studio
The ideal candidate will have a great aesthetic eye, have a strong technical understanding of character creation, have proven leadership and mentoring abilities, be a great communicator and be able to take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director.
2. 3D Character Artist - Remote at Moonray PBC
- work from 2D concepts and generate 3D game-ready characters
- Work from 3D concepts and generate game-ready characters
- Full knowledge of the high poly → low poly pipeline
- Rigging experience
- Must be comfortable taking models into UE4 and setting up the skeletal mesh
Jobs for Environment Artists:
1. Principal Environment Artist (Narrative Adventure) at Firesprite
- Environmental storytelling through set dressing and population
- Creating high-quality assets, including models, UVs, and textures
- Working independently on asset sets, and planning modular kits
- Ensuring optimal performance and technical quality of assets
- Ensuring dynamic functionality of art assets, ie physics, destruction, and weather
- Optimizing assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Possible mentoring of more junior artists
2. Senior Environment Artist at Black Shamrock - A Virtuos Studio
The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding of environment assets and level creation can easily communicate with other disciplines within the development team and can take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director. We will appreciate your ability to mentor less experienced members of the team and assist with managerial tasks is required.
3. Mid-Lead Stylized Environment Artist (Freelance) at FastTrackTutorials
The team is looking for a skilled environment artist who would be interested in creating a full-scale tutorial course sharing the skills with the world.
Due to this being a tutorial course, there are some special requirements.
- The artist needs to speak fluent English, (having an accent is fine as long as it is not too heavy)
- The artist should have a good audio setup, however, the team can support you in this if needed
- The team requires a minimum of mid to senior/lead artists for this project.
4. Senior 3D Environment Artist - Sunrise Village at InnoGames GmbH
- 3D focus. Convert & interpret 2D concepts into textured real-time 3D models, like buildings, vegetation, and props.
- Support. Help the art team in building new Stages in Unity, working on Terrain, dressing, and lighting.
- Impress. Create impressive game-ready assets, and apply/improve the art style of our new mobile game.
- Collaborate. Work cooperatively within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and report to our Team Lead Art.
- Shine. Deliver your results for our production pipeline, art direction & team-internal deadlines.
- Organize. Plan and estimate times for your tasks, and coordinate / communicate with our external partners.
5. Lead Environment Artist at MSG Sphere Studios
As a Lead Environment Artist at MSG Entertainment Interactive, you develop entertainment that’s equal parts video game, amusement park ride, and spectacle. Your target platform is The Sphere – a massive 16K 4D theater with beam-formed audio – and the mobile phones of the guests. You build from specifications and team objectives and iterate to eventual production-quality deliverables. You’re part of a veteran cross-functional team and learning from each other every day. As an ideal candidate, you bring a solid artistic foundation in 3D art and a broad range of skills including gameplay, props, and real-time and standard production art pipelines. You have a passion for gaming and have the ability to create immersive, exciting work.
6. Senior Environment Artist (London or EU/UK remote) at Virtex Stadium
The team would love to find someone creative, self-motivated, with a passion for Esports, and knowledge of the game development processes. An art degree or background in architecture and interior design is considered a plus but not a requirement for this position.
Jobs for Concept Artists:
1. Lead Concept Artist (Narrative Adventure) at Firesprite
The team is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to support leadership in the creation and realization of the game vision on a dark, story-driven next-generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre-defining goals. This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency, and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies. This is an ambitious, AAA project with a heavy focus on art, and animation, and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
2. Senior Concept Artist (Narrative Adventure) at Firesprite
Firesprite is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to be an instrumental part in designing concepts, key-art, and mood concepts for a range of titles within the studio. This role will see you working directly with the art director and art team on current and future Firesprite projects. The team is looking for someone who has a breadth of experience with different visual styles, topics, and subjects.
3. Concept Artist - Lost Survivors (New Mobile Game) at InnoGames GmbH
The InnoGames team is looking for a Concept Artist to join the in-house art team working on the new mobile game Lost Survivors. Co-Shape the vision of the recently published mobile experience as part of a professional team of Game Designers, Concept-, Tech- and 3D Artists as well as other creatives. If you believe in open communication, delivering great results as part of a team, and want to play a key part in the launch and growth phases of one of InnoGames’ upcoming Mobile Games, then you just might be the person they are looking for.
4. Senior Concept Artist at InnoGames GmbH
- Create! Conceptualize, design, and create a range of concept art assets mostly focusing on buildings, but also including characters, landscapes, and environments to be used as a guide for developing 3D game assets.
- Contribute! Deliver creative ideas to a living game.
- Collaborate! Work closely with Game Designers, other Concept Artists, and the Team Lead Art to help devise the game's visual style and direction through concept. Collaborate with a positive attitude within the Art Team in the creation of new concepts and designs.
- Take action! As one of the main artists, you will be defining the look and feel and strongly contribute to our game's art direction and vision.
- Explore! Do the research and integrate visual references into concepts.
5. Concept Artist (London or EU/UK remote) at Virtex Stadium
Working in connection with Art and Design team leads you'll get the chance to create high-quality concepts to inspire and raise the visual bar of the Virtex Stadium experience. The team wants to find someone who loves to use creativity and artistic skills to contribute to the creation of a variety of environments, props, characters, and more, all to be shipped as part of a live product. As part of this role, you will have a chance to work with some of the biggest IPs in modern gaming, bringing their world, art direction, and style into Virtex Stadium to create some truly memorable spaces and moments for fans around the world to enjoy.
6. Concept Artist at MSG Sphere Studios
As a Concept Artist at MSG Entertainment Interactive, you develop entertainment that’s equal parts video game, amusement park ride, and spectacle. Your target platform is The Sphere – a massive 16K 4D theater with beam-formed audio. As an ideal candidate, you bring a solid artistic foundation in 2D and 3D art and a broad range of skills including gameplay, environments, characters, props, and marketing materials. You have a passion for gaming and have the ability to create immersive, exciting work.
Jobs for Technical Artists:
1. Technical Artist (London or EU/UK remote) at Virtex Stadium
This role covers a wide variety of technical tasks related to Art (Character, Exterior, Interior, Props, Weapons, Terrain, Vehicle, and Vegetation) as well as overseeing tool creation and maintenance. You will work closely with the Virtex Stadium team across shaders, animation, modeling, engineers, and designers.
If you don't match all of these requirements but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, we would still love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Technical Artist in game development.
- Expert knowledge in using the Unreal Engine and Blueprints.
- Ability to develop advanced custom shaders in Unreal and familiar with PBR standards.
- Experienced in optimizing and profiling.
- Expert knowledge in Blender.
- Diagnose and improve real-time 3D graphics.
- Comfortable iterating on ideas using rapid prototyping techniques.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
2. Senior Technical Artist (remote/onsite) at BeamNG
The team is focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. The most widely known product of BeamNG is the game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access. To support the ongoing and future development plans, the team is seeking an experienced Technical Artist, who is passionate about the game, and people, and willing to learn within the small indie game studio.
'Our people are our most important asset, we expect you to be the go-to person who can support our art and development teams and facilitate them to work with interdependencies, and help reach their priorities.' adds the BeamNG team.
3. Technical Artist at Toast VR
Toast VR is looking for a Technical Artist specializing in environment art and tool development. You are a jack of all trades able to work independently from a brief, helping guide the technical art for a VR title. You will have a strong understanding of how to combine artistic vision with technology.
- Develop and update tools that help speed up artistic development
- Supporting level designers with tools they require to speed up level design
- Bridging the gap between developers, level designers, and the art team
- Creating and maintaining modular asset sets
- Level Lighting
- Stylized VFX implementation
- Aiding with the optimization of assets and levels
- UI Implementation
4. Look Dev Technical Artist - Unreal 5 (Shading and Lighting) at ZA/UM Studio
The team offers
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent career development opportunities in a rapidly growing company.
- Support from more experienced colleagues.
- The chance to work with some of the most exciting people in the video game industry.
- Flexible hybrid work model - the ability to work remotely or from the office, with occasional required in-person meetings.
- Assist the art team in defining a unique art style.
- Write shaders, create materials, and post-processing FX.
- Implement an efficient pipeline for asset production, materials, shaders, and lighting.
- Assist the team in the development of tools.
If you liked what you've seen, we encourage you to click on the preferred jobs and apply via the 80 Level Talent Platform. Also, you may review more openings on the 80LV Job Board.