Great job and very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
Frankly I do not understand why we talk about the past of this CEO. As a player I do not care about what he did or not until his games are good. As an Environmental Artist instead I see a game with a shaky graphics. It is completely without personality, emotion and involvement. It can hardly be considered acceptable especially for the 2019 platforms (which I understand will be the target of this game). Well, this is probably an indie group, with no experience facing a first game in the real market. And that's fine. Do the best you can that even if you fail, you will learn and do better. From a technical point of view the method you are using is very old. It can work but not as you are doing it. I bet you're using Unity, it's easy to see that since I see assets from their asset store. Break your landscapes more, they are too monotonous and contact real 3D artists and level designers. One last thing, the last screenshot is worse than all the previous ones. The lights are wrong and everything screams disaster. Avoid similar disasters in the future.
But are they real or is it a mockery? or a scam? Truly horrible flat graphics and lacking a real sense of aesthetics. Ui devoid of consistency and usability. Do they really have a graphic art department? Imho in 2018 using such tricks so massively denotes profound technical incompetence.
CD Project RED is hiring aggressively. Currently, the company is looking for a Level Designer, who will have the honor to work on the upcoming project Cyberpunk 2077 RPG. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the amazing team of specialists, including Mateusz Piaskiewicz and Kacper Niepokolczycki.
Cool thing is that they are looking for Specialist, Senior and Lead, so people with different set of skills can apply.
You’ll be responsible for designing, prototyping, iterating and polishing in-game levels, including level geometry, scripting enemy encounters and other gameplay elements, using the proprietary level editor in the RedEngine.
Artists will be required to craft unique open world spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences. And you’ll also be required to document the whole thing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience working in a Level Designer role.
- Experience in working on AAA games, preferably with RPG elements and with level editors and/or 3D packages.
- Ability to create level geometry on all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional levels in at least one of current generation game engines.
- Ability to use all elements of the game world, including level geometry, texturing, lighting, sound and VFX to craft unique player experiences.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong communication skills.
WHAT CD PROJEKT RED CAN OFFER
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.