Their website does say that you can pay per image at $1 per image. I am in the opposite boat though. I could see this having a very significant effect on photogrammetry but I would need to process a few thousand images at a time which would not be very feasible with their current pricing model
To the developers. A very promising piece of software for a VFX supervisor like me. BUT, please reconsider your pricing tiers and introduce a per-image price. We are a pretty large facility, but I can only imagine needing about 1-10 images a month at the very most. It's like HDRI's - we buy them all the time, one at a time. They need to be individually billed so a producer can charge them against a particular job.
One of the dream teams called Naughty Dog is looking for a skilled Technical Environment Artist to join the party. You will work on creating tools to improve the environment team’s efficiency — Maya scripts, standalone scripts and software. And that’s not all. Check out the details below and grab the chance.
- Create tools to improve the environment team’s efficiency. This includes Maya scripts, but also standalone scripts and software
- Work with the engineering team to develop features, both for the game engine and for tools/asset pipelines. Help ensure feature interfaces are user-friendly
- Develop visual features of the game, whether that’s writing shader code, pioneering new asset creation techniques, or creating technical prototypes and mockups
- Help the team develop workflows and standards for efficient content generation
- Support the content team in debugging issues with the game, tools, etc
- Help drive framerate and memory optimization of the game
- Work with other art departments (characters, vfx, animation, etc) to ensure all dependencies are met
- Create small sections of our game environments. Create art assets that require high technical skill or specialist knowledge
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Intermediate programming experience with scripting languages (MEL/Python/Etc) and shading languages. Experience in C++ or related languages is a plus
- Strong artistic background and content development skills. (Can be modeling, texturing, lighting, or any other area where you have experience, but a strong artistic eye is a necessity!)
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- High-level familiarity with every aspect of game development, and how different disciplines collaborate
- Good oral and written skills
- 3+ years of production experience (Maya preferred)
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.