Very impressive article Jake! You are very talented.
nice article! i love seeing the breakdowns.
SEMISOFT’s crowdfunding campaign, for epic JRPG Legrand Legacy, has launched on Kickstarter. Would-be backers can download a playable pre-alpha Prologue Chapter, before pledging a single penny, that can take up to three hours to complete, and can help shape the final game with their feedback.
Legrand Legacy is a tactical turn-based JRPG that takes you on a journey through a chaotic world that’s torn apart by civil war and threatened by an otherworldly invasion. You play as Finn, the reluctant leader of a band of unlikely heroes, who soon discovers that the true peril to their universe lies within themselves. The game combines beautiful hand drawn backgrounds with highly detailed character models and environmental effects, to deeply immerse players in the world of Legrand.
“Being a JRPG lover myself, I was heavily inspired by classics such as Legend of Dragoon and Suikoden. Together with the SEMISOFT team, we started to work on Legrand Legacy back in 2014, with the aim to create something that can stand proud among quintessential examples of the genre.” said Henry William Winata, lead game designer at SEMISOFT. “Our pre-alpha Prologue Chapter, we believe, really showcases our talent and ability to deliver Legrand Legacy to a standard of which we can be proud of, and that players will find truly memorable. We look forward to hearing your comments!”
- A fully immersive experience with detailed universe designs, live 2D, and a rich storyline.
- 2.5D visuals – 3D models and original assets with stylized hand-drawn 2D backgrounds.
- Stunning in-game 3D cinematics.
- Turn-based combat with Quick Time Event (aka ACT – Action Circle Tempo) that will test strategy and keep players on their toes.
- Put a war general hat on and deploy troops to wars.
- Recruit Non Player Characters (NPCs) to revamp your Headquarters.
- Take on rewarding side quests to find the ultimate loot for your characters.
- Customize items and grimoire that characters can wield, set combat formation, or review the journal to track quests.
- Collect loot from slain enemies and craft items or sell them for quick cash.
- Expected playtime is more than 30 hours.
Author: Artyom Sergeev