It's not shown in the video, but there is an option in the Poly Reduce node to keep Quads and it does a marvelous job keeping intact the original shape decreasing geometry in the areas whereis not needed. Unfortunately the Poly Reduce node only keeps quads if the input mesh is already quad based. In order to get quads from non quad geometries you need to try the Voxel node.
can 80.lv stop posting this kind of low-quality 'showcase' articles? If I wanna find showcase/reel, I can find them easily on Viemo, cgsociety. Everyone know houdini can be used to do destruction, simulation, etc. there is no need to show another destruction unless posting a helpful 'tutorial'. However, this is not.
Can it produce quads, too?
Bradford Smith has recently released his first Substance Painter plugin. The Kelvin Color Painter Plugin will allow you to add a Kelvin Color to RGB reference dock to the Painter UI.
- A widget dock presents a color swatch, whose color is determined by the Temperature (Kelvin) slider, or by one of many presets.
- The color swatch can be sampled with the eyedropper when setting emissive colors.
- Color info is also provided as an integer, floating point, and hexadecimal codes.
- Limit: Limits the Kelvin slider min and max to a typical photographic range for increased precision
- sRGB: Toggles sRGB / Linear color output