Te-Yu Liu, a CAPCOM's 3D Artist, has shared a photo-realistic raccoon character inspired by the Resident Evil series.
3D Artist, Te-Yu Liu, has created a realistic version of Mr. Raccoon inspired by the Resident Evil series. The artist mentioned that after he started working on a raccoon, he found out that even the same animals look completely different from each other, and their appearance can differ in tiny but crucial details. Also, Te-Yu noted that Mr. Raccoon looks totally different from the all-known Rocket Raccoon. For recreating this character, the artist used Maya, ZBrush, Substance 3D Painter, and Photoshop. The photo-realistic effect of fur was achieved in XGen.
Also, the artist has shared an asset for recreating a realistic raccoon with XGen fur.
The asset includes:
- Maya file with XGen. (Maya 2019+ version)
- Clean UV and well-done retopology
- Teeth, nails, gums, and eyeballs
- ZBrush file with well-subdivisions (ZBrush 2020+ version)
- Substance Painter file (Substance Painter 2021+ version)
- 4K game-ready textures, including albedo, roughness, normal, ambient occlusion, and maps for fur.