I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Marmoset Toolbag 3 is out of beta! The company has presented the RC1 for the official release on Friday. Make sure to update, check it out and tell company’s representatives if you find any issues.
Art by Gilberto Magno
They’ve added some example content (with Beta 3), however, you’ll need to download the full installer to get the scenes if you haven’t done that yet, the auto-update will only have the new build.
You can also download the Unreal Engine import plugin here.
Latest updates (since Beta Build 3):
- CryEngine Material Template
- Substance Height maps can now map to displacement
- Skin shader will (soon) match better in Marmoset Viewer (web update coming soon)
- Animation windows now remember their minimize state
- Performance improvement for scenes with large numbers of objects
- Unreal plugin link in Help menu (URL doesn’t yet exist)
- Camera movement bug fixes
- Improved camera clipping / near plane in some cases
- Fixed bake cage display for scaled meshes
- Fixed some bugs with MTL material import
- Log output file now stays current