I love World Creator, especially the vegetation distribution pipeline. You can create some very realistic fields with it. Im going to check out impostors too - ive seen it a few times and wondered what it's about.
Stupid Rental. My Zbrush that I haven't paid for an update in years and is perpetual Trumps that on all counts.
Material-Z v1 is now available. It is a new pack that lets users build sophisticated procedural textures and PBR materials for games and 3D art. The package features easy-to-use visual node for nice-looking materials with features like seamless tiling.
Working with Material-Z is about using a large number of building blocks called “Sources” to visually program nodes.
- fBm – Turbulence for noise sources
- Material Mixer – Mix materials based on their properties
- Mixer – Mix sources
- Noise – Large collection of procedural noises
- Operator – Modify your sources
- Pattern – Pattern generators
- Shape – Input shapes for your patterns
- System – Control node flow
- Transform – Warp, displace etc. your shapes
Material-Z includes a cloud-based library of existing materials. You can also contribute to the material library by uploading your own materials.
Material-Z supports various type of pattern generation:
- Symmetric patterns can be created by dedicated pattern generators like “Brick & Tiles”, “Herringbone”, “Circular Tiles” and “Decor Tiles”. These full featured patterns generators can create seamlessly repeatable textures and can be also injected with shapes to further modify the look and feel of materials.
- Procedural pattern generators like cracks, rocks, marble veins, scratches etc.
- Shapes can be transformed and randomly distributed to create tileable forest floors, pebbles and other organic shapes.
- Easy-to-use, visual node editor for “programming”, connecting and mixing nodes and materials.
- Materials are PBR based and support the full principled Disney PBR spec.
- Preview textures, rendered and even high-quality ray-traced previews of your materials. The included ray-tracer supports the full Disney PBR spec.
- Paint module to add existing textures or paint your own textures and patterns using the included paint tools.
- Export the textures of materials and import them into any modern PBR based game or rendering engine.
- Export the GLSL source code of materials to use them directly in your games as procedural materials.
You can learn more about the package here.