The alpha version is for Windows only and supports a range of Radeon cards.
Maxon has released its GPU-accelerated renderer Redshift for AMD in alpha. This version is for Windows only, AMD-supporting Linux version will be out "at a later date."
Announced in April, this Redshift version supports not just Radeon Pro but also a number of other cards.
The list of supported AMD GPUs:
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, Radeon RX Vega 56, Radeon RX Vega 64, Radeon RX Vega 64 (gfx900)
- Radeon VII, Radeon Pro VII (gfx906)
- Radeon RX 5700, Radeon RX 5700 XT, Radeon Pro 5600 XT, Radeon Pro 5600M (gfx1010)
- Radeon RX 5500, Radeon RX 5500 XT (gfx1012)
- Radeon RX 6800, Radeon RX 6800 XT, Radeon RX 6900 XT (gfx1030)
- Radeon RX 6700 XT (gfx1031)
- Radeon RX 6600 XT (gfx1032)
You might still encounter some issues, for example, even though multi-GPU works, it currently doesn't scale well. Also, Redshift doesn't support hardware ray tracing on AMD GPUs yet.
If you want to test the alpha, you'll need to send an email to the company. You can find the information on Redshift's website. Don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.
You may find these articles interesting