hello Alexander, I really loved your these draw works. I loved cathedrals too.I started 3ds Max new. And I really really want to meet you, if you wanna to do. By the way, my name is Duacan, from Turkey. also Im working for learning and speaking German. Cause Deutschland is the my first country for living. Whatever, take care yourself, Tschüss. insta: 06optimusprime06
nice blog but here is the thing, what is wrong with overlaping uv's and mirroring them, what are the cons of overlapping them and why is this method better in the case of uv? thanks
Thank you @Fcardoso The volumetric light is available in the latest 2018.3 beta. In the visual environment setting, there is a new option to select Volumetric light fog. The screen I shared is from 2018.2 during that time I was using a script to enable it :)
Megascans – a new product from Quixel launched just a couple of weeks ago, but the company is quickly updating the software, fixing bugs and adding more than 200 new scans to the ever growing library. Most recently the company has integrated custom import support for Megascans Studio, new export profiles for Megascans Bridge.
The last massive update came with a wave of the nordic large surfaces. The company also introduced the first volcanic 3D scans from the Lava Field pack. There’s more new volcanic assets to be released in the upcoming weeks.
Lava field is an iconic volcanic environment with an amazing array of colors, textures, and shapes. This set will include a cliff assembly kit so you can make your own natural cliff structures. Once the full set has been processed and uploaded, the final pack will be published and available.
Here are just some of the updates to Megascans, made during the last couple of weeks:
- 60+ new 2×2 m surface scans, including concrete, grass, mud, plaster.
- 130+ new scandinavian forest atlases, comprising over 1200+ new plant specimens.
- Adding 8K subscription models for Freelancer and Indie.
- Adding subscription upgrade support, only paying the difference
- Adding discounts for when adding more points.
- New prices were announced and go live tomorrow on the 8th of September.
- Custom surface import support.
- Fixed bug where the Studio would get stuck on extracting zip files.
- Fixed bug where Studio would not extract multiple zips while running.
- Additional stability and bug fixes.
- New video tutorial: creating a winter landscape with Megascans Studio and UE4.
- 10 new 3D assets from the upcoming Lava field pack
It’s nice to see Quixel paying so much attention to evolution of Megascans. Artists should expect a lot more great content coming their way. We’ll be updating you with more information about Megascans as it becomes available. You can also follow the updates in the official Quixel Megascans blog.