This is beautiful, great work. Would love to walk around in this city
Wow, I am 22 years and self thought still trying to be a good artist, I am using blender in a country where no one cares. Thanks a lot for this inspiring article. I am not as good as this, you are very good.
Awesome. Really great tips for beginners like me to start working correctly.
Megascans – a new product from Quixel launched just a couple of weeks ago, but the company is quickly updating the software, fixing bugs and adding more than 200 new scans to the ever growing library. Most recently the company has integrated custom import support for Megascans Studio, new export profiles for Megascans Bridge.
The last massive update came with a wave of the nordic large surfaces. The company also introduced the first volcanic 3D scans from the Lava Field pack. There’s more new volcanic assets to be released in the upcoming weeks.
Lava field is an iconic volcanic environment with an amazing array of colors, textures, and shapes. This set will include a cliff assembly kit so you can make your own natural cliff structures. Once the full set has been processed and uploaded, the final pack will be published and available.
Here are just some of the updates to Megascans, made during the last couple of weeks:
- 60+ new 2×2 m surface scans, including concrete, grass, mud, plaster.
- 130+ new scandinavian forest atlases, comprising over 1200+ new plant specimens.
- Adding 8K subscription models for Freelancer and Indie.
- Adding subscription upgrade support, only paying the difference
- Adding discounts for when adding more points.
- New prices were announced and go live tomorrow on the 8th of September.
- Custom surface import support.
- Fixed bug where the Studio would get stuck on extracting zip files.
- Fixed bug where Studio would not extract multiple zips while running.
- Additional stability and bug fixes.
- New video tutorial: creating a winter landscape with Megascans Studio and UE4.
- 10 new 3D assets from the upcoming Lava field pack
It’s nice to see Quixel paying so much attention to evolution of Megascans. Artists should expect a lot more great content coming their way. We’ll be updating you with more information about Megascans as it becomes available. You can also follow the updates in the official Quixel Megascans blog.