Xolotl Studio has released a new plugin that allows users to import OBJ files into Substance Designer as nodes or as bitmaps for flexibility or performance.
- Create a node of the mesh imported if you need multiple angles (40 different angles ) to scatter it, which is similar to the 3D cube node (flexibility when working inside Substance Designer)
- Create a simple bitmap render with a defined rotation inside your graph (keep your substance material small at the price of flexibility)
- Set the name of the node/resource
- Define the resolution of the rendered mesh
- Support for UVs if you want to project a texture of the asset inside of Substance Designer