The developer that contributed to Dying Light, Batman Arkham Origins, Tarzan 3D, Horizon, and Destroy All Humans, is looking for a Technical Artist and a skilled Technical Animator, passionate about well-oiled production pipelines, efficient workflows, custom scripts, and tools.
metricminds is a unique service provider for animated content. Using the same technology that is utilized in the production of games (game engines), the team creates fantastic animated content for various purposes. The main field is the production of cinematics for games, but they also create trailers and other animated content.
The state-of-the-art studio is located in Frankfurt, Germany, and is renowned for creating cutscenes, trailers, motion capture, keyframe animation, facial animation, and fully finished cinematics delivered in-engine. The company currently has a core team of 40 staff. All with in-depth knowledge and passion for the games industry, combined with the talent and dedication to create the highest caliber of animated work.
- Experience in game development (1-2 projects in Unreal Engine preferred)
- Solid knowledge of the Unreal Engine
- Ability to identify and describe issues and bugs
- Experienced with data transfers between engines and 3rd party software content
- Knowledge of animation inside the Unreal Engine (e.g. control rig, animation editor, animation blueprints)
- Strong artistic and technical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management & organization skills
- Excellent communication skills both on a technical and creative basis
- Able to work well in a team
- Ability to develop clear and concise content guidelines and workflows to ensure best practices among the Unreal Engine team
- Sport a Problem-solving attitude
- 3+ years of professional experience working with animation pipelines
- Strong working experience with Autodesk Motionbuilder
- Experienced with data transfers between engines and content creation tools (Maya, Motionbuilder, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Python scripting for task automation and creating scripts inside content creation tools
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or any professional game engine
- Possess an approachable, customer-oriented demeanor
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate with art, design, and engineering
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
The team offers the opportunity to work remotely and as well provides relocation assistance.