MSG Sphere Studios, the team that works on creating multi-sensory interactive experiences, is seeking software engineers.
The MSG Sphere Team mentions that it’s expected to house a record 160,000-square-foot wraparound LED display on the interior, while the exterior will be coated with a record 580,000-square-foot exterior LED display. The LED display can accommodate 16K-by-16K picture resolution. Through a partnership with Berlin-based audio company Holoplot, the Sphere will also house a custom spatial audio system, and additional plans include 4D capabilities from wind to scents, as well as connectivity for all guests.
To create that reality at MSG Entertainment in Burbank, California, the team is seeking skilled engineers. Below we've gathered a list of current openings for software engineers at MSG Sphere Studios.
The Microservices Engineer is part of the team responsible for the deployment, and maintenance of Sphere Studios’ microservice and VM infrastructure. These virtual and containerized resources are responsible for providing the majority of the Studio’s back-end services, which include user authentication, licenses, databases, pipeline tools, image, and software packaging and deployment, render farm management and workers, and artist-facing VMs for VDI access. Ideal candidates will have extensive knowledge in containerization and experience with deploying Kubernetes clusters or Docker swarm.
This role will help bring the creative vision of our studio to life on a diverse mix of projects ranging from mobile applications and virtual reality software with intimate single user interfaces to complex multi-display installations with live control, many of which involve R&D. The Software Engineer leads the development of interactive, real time content systems as well as user interfaces. Working on a project from conception through execution, this position benefits from a broad range of skills such as realtime graphics, usability evaluation and scripting.To create transformative experiences, and content unique to Sphere, we are growing our full stack creative, experience, design, production and engineering team across our Burbank studio in Los Angeles and Ventures headquarters in New York
As a Senior Software Engineer you’re part of a veteran multidisciplinary team designing and coding bleeding edge entertainment. You iterate, you take pride in your work, and your creations range from rapid prototypes to ultra-high-definition multimedia. You design and implement software systems – but you’re also well-organized, a great mentor, and fluent in agile practice. As an ideal candidate you bring deep and broad software development expertise, creative vision and a passion for scaling game elements from prototypes to massively multiplayer real-time experiences.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Define, develop, and implement real-time rendering features, workflows, and tools for large-scale immersive and interactive platforms
- Write technical documentation that clearly communicates complex solutions and challenges to a wide audience
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate, test, and optimize for various platforms
- Translate creative techniques into code
- Maintain an inclusive process that empowers the entire project team
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Help to develop real-time content tools and techniques for large-scale immersive and interactive platforms
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to evaluate, develop, integrate, test, and optimize for various platforms
- Contribute to the technical documentation that clearly communicates complex solutions and challenges to a wide audience
You may view more job openings on the 80LV Job Board.