I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Unreal Engine 4 is mostly known for its amazing FPS potential, but various companies proved that you can use this tech to create various games, like Absolver. It’s a melee online project with wonderful mechanics and great art style.
Creating your own melee combat system can be quite tricky, but thanks to some community members you might just download and sample one and work with it. Christoph Bockhahn is actually selling his own melee combat system for UE4 for $70. It’s a great way to try it out. Plus his code works with multiplayer! Here are the details.
Designed entirely in Blueprints the Multiplayer Melee Combat System is an easy-to-use solution for creating melee combat mechanics.
– Different directional attacks and blocking: The attack direction can be chosen by the player (like in Mount & Blade or For Honor)
– Combo attacks: Attacks can be chained together to create combos
– Special attacks: Execution / finisher move included where the characters head is chopped off
– Camera animation upon death: Smooth zoom out to frame the action (player becomes spectator)
– Targeting and Non-Targeting combat (Lock-on): Both are implemented and can be used separately or together
– Easy-to-use: Almost all of the logic is handled in an actor component. This makes it easy to add the system to an existing character and to combine it with other blueprints
– Easy configuration: A lot of functionality is exposed through config variables. This makes it easy to change the feel of the combat system
– Multiplayer ready: The system was created for multiplayer use, but can be used in singleplayer, too
– Basic AI: An AI for demo porpuses is included. Can follow the player and attack him
– UMG widgets: An enemy health bar, a hit damage indicator, and a hit direction indicator are included
– SFX and VFX for successful attacks (blood) and blocks (sparks) included
– Locomotion and attack animations included
Looks like a nice little project for UE4 lovers.
Autor: Kirill Tokarev