not sure what the program will be...fancy video and I love everything allgorithmic does but I really dont know what this will be any thoughts
What a great and helpful guide you've written. Respect.
Just updated it!
Malcolm Andrieshyn has released a cool script that will help you speed up the Maya to Marmoset Toolbag iterative workflow. The tool costs just $5 and brings a bunch of great features, so take a look.
- One click button to export your high poly meshes for Toolbag baking, will convert smooth mesh preview to polygons behind the scenes
- One click button to export your low poly meshes for Toolbag baking, will triangulate your meshes behind the scenes
- Exports multiple separate meshes in a group to save time
- UV’s of high poly are deleted before export which speeds up export time
- Doesn’t affect your original models in Maya
- Doesn’t clutter your scene with temp files and triangulated bake meshes
- Fast iteration between Maya and Toolbag, make changes to high or low poly, export over and over without worrying about triangulation or converting smooth mesh preview to polygons in Maya
- Tested in Maya 2018
- Could be adapted to support Knald and other bakers, let me know if that’s something people want
- Installation and usage instructions contained in .zip file
You can find more details on the tool here.