I am very impressed! It is easy to see you are on your way to a well-deserved wonderful future.
An absolutely great read, thank you for this. Really lays a foundation on how to go about the learning process.
Hi Matthew and Mr VFX, I’m currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. I would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Great news from Greg Zaal: the developer has released the final 60 of his 16k unclipped HDRIs, so all of his previously for sale assets (about 200 in total) are available for free thanks to a successful campaign on Patreon.
The $1500 goal was just reached (again)
Art by using Flower Road pack
That means the final 60 of my old for-sale HDRIs are now on hdrihaven.com, free and CC0 like everything else. I can’t even describe how it feels to finally have all my work out there for anyone to use, thank you guys so much.
Some random sidenotes since I can’t really contain myself at the moment:
- There are nearly 200 HDRIs in total now. Jeeez.
- Bergen (one of my oldest ones) was actually clipped, so I stole the sun from another HDRI to fix it. Shhhh.
- Many of these new HDRIs have backplates too.
- I should probably improve the search engine on the site to help you find stuff better. Good luck.
- You can sort by date taken and follow my journey of sorts. Don’t stalk me, please.
- The next goal (at $2000) is to open source hdrihaven.com completely. Publish the code, all my workflow scripts, and allow other people to contribute HDRIs to the site (after quality control, and with fair compensation). I’d like to explain this further in another post, but I’m off on another trip next week and probably won’t get a chance any time soon.
You guys rock.
You can find all the free packs here.