Build your own settlements and guard them against Sentinels in this new update for No Man's Sky.
No Man's Sky's Frontiers update arrived on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC, adding a ton of cool new features, the paramount of which is the ability to stumble across procedurally generated towns and villages while exploring inhabited planets around the galaxy. Each settlement features unique buildings, layouts, color schemes, and interior and exterior decorations.
Here are a few additions from the update:
- Procedurally generated planetary settlements can be now found on inhabited planets all across the universe.
- Settlements are found naturally via a new mission that occurs after a small amount of post-tutorial progress.
- Settlements can also be found with maps purchased from the Space Station Cartographer.
- The base building menu has been replaced by a new grid of all available parts.
- Space skies have been significantly improved, with all-new visuals for generating nebula effects.
- Visual effects across the entire game have been significantly improved – destruction, environmental, combat, and much more.
- The mode select screen has been updated with a new set of images from the community.
- The save/load system has been overhauled.
- On the Discovery screen, improved the clarity of the button that is used to register completion of all creature discoveries on a planet.
- Multiple bug fixes.
- And much, much more!