The conference will take place on March,16-20 as it was planned, but GDC made some adjustments in order to keep the health and safety of the conference attendees.
GDC has released the updates about the upcoming conference. First of all, due to new U.S safety and travel restrictions, all China-based exhibitors will take part in the conference next year, in 2021, instead of 2020. The US government has denied visas for Chinese attendees, so they won’t attend the conference either.
"In addition, GDC is:
- Specifically following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Adhering to the travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State.
- Working with San Francisco Travel to ensure that local hotels and venues are also increasing their cleanliness & hygiene regimes appropriately.
- Asking GDC exhibitors to regularly disinfect & otherwise clean game controllers and VR headsets that are used by multiple attendees.
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to follow regular CDC guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses of any kind"
Official press release.
Read the full press release on the official GDC website.