this is an Excellent article, the way its set out with the vids and pics. very technical but not rambley. I learnt alot out of it.
Bob would have been proud
Congratulations Lukas:) Amazing piece of 3D parametric shader:) thank You for sharing Your knowledge:)
VizPark has presented a standalone version of Omnitiles, its texture creation app formerly released as a 3DS Max map. The tool helps users create patterns by randomizing textures within patterns generated using a visual editor.
- A pattern editor together and multi-texture for drawing shapes to create seamless tileable textures.
- Real-time previews.
- Includes 80 preset patterns and 25 sets of textures.
- The ability to render textures directly to Photoshop or save them as JPG, BMP, PNG, EXR, TIF and PSD files for use with compatible 2D and 3D applications.
- An edge map feature to render edge gradients along the edge of each shape that can be used to create a height channel, displacement, bump or other useful maps like masks to further change gaps between shapes.
- The ability to batch import textures and assign them to the correct channel.
You can choose between Individual licenses at €9.90 for monthly rental, €79 for annual rental or €149 for a perpetual license. There’s also a 50% discount right now. You can learn more on VizPark’s website.