@alex if i had to guess, they just finished two back-to-back AAA games in the same franchise and some people are seeing it as a good time to transition without burning bridges? aka business as usual?
Derjyn it is really hard to understand your motivation of commenting. I bought the material and it *highly* satisfied my needs. Also the seller is really helpful, I was'nt able to run it in 4.18 he fixed it in minutes. If you really want make something really productive create your material and than release an article here.
So uhh.. What's happening at Machine Games then?
Ephere has revealed Ornatrix 1.3 for Maya, a tool meant for working on hair, fur and feathers.
- Maya 2018 support
- New Retarget Normals operator allows you to transfer normals from any mesh to hairs generated with MeshFromStrands.
- UDIM map support for Renderman
- Face centre distribution mode in Guide From Mesh and Hair From Guides nodes.
- Length limits for the length brush.
- Added guide channel support in Strand Gravity node.
- Shift-key now temporarily switches the current brush to the Selection brush.
- Added a particle holder position parameter to DynamicsNode
- Added the ability to copy selected guides in Edit Guides when inserting new guides
- Plus many fixes.
You can but Ornatrix for $499 and download a free demo. You can find more details on Ephere’s website.