Sorry guys, missed this. We'll credit the artist, sorry!
Looks beautiful. Thank you for the information.
Technically, the artist needs to (and does) credit the author of the artwork he referenced and only mention what and where from the character is. Given that, this is a 3d/gaming/technical thingie-ma-jibs website that does not (and probably shouldn't really) reflect on the circumstance of the character itself, but concentrate on creation and techniques used in creation. The name of the character is referenced, but nowhere on the original art the name Sam Riegel is mentioned. As much as critter community is nice and welcoming, this part of "CREDIT THIS OR CREDIT THAT" irritates me. IMHO, Credit is given where credit is due. This 3d model was made with learning purposes only, whereas the original art is being sold. Instead of commenting "GIVE CREDIT" comment "COOL ART OF SAM'S CHARACTER" or "GREAT CRITICAL ROLE ART". All that said, this is an amazing rendition of the original artwork of the character of critical role. As a critter, I love both this piece and the idea of other critter being so talented! Peace, a member of the wonderful critter family.
Alexander Kramer has released a new version of his script for organizing models, materials, textures and lights in 3DS Max. The newest Project Manager introduces a bunch of new features, adds possibilities for working on renders, and more.
Here is a quick overview:
- The ability to batch export 3D files to proxies.
- The ability to render thumbnails with a reference. Adding a human model is useful for providing a sense of scale for some objects.
- Support for Smartrefs, a 3rd party external referencing plugin by SingularByte that promises significant improvements over Max’s native XRef tools
- Merge as xRef objects now uses settings from 3DS Max for merging models.
- Updates to the default render presets.
- The ability to create a PDF from the items selected in the list view.
You can get more details on features and fixes, and get the tool for $75 (a free demo is also available) here.