Guys! We need "Favorites" tab here on 80.lv
My motivation wasn't to knock Cem, not as a person nor as a developer. As I said, "this is cool, no doubt about that". I was sharing my personal opinion about the price-point for a material that is so expensive (performance-wise), and pointing out the fact that the same look can be achieved for cheaper (both performance and wallet-wise). I personally find it hard to budget 10s of dollars for a single material, a single effect, etc., but that's me. Other people have money pouring out of their ears and can afford to play like that. The internet is getting less friendly as far as opening dialogues like this. People should be able to have opinions and share them, debate them, without being told to hush up and move along. I hope others buy and use this asset- I'd be curious to see how it stacks up to alternatives out there (again, as I said "I love options"). As far as making my own assets and releasing articles here? It's in the works. And if somebody came along and started a dialogue about issues, opinions they had, or whatever- I would be happy to engage them!
At SIGGRAPH 2017 AMD announced the open-source availability of the Radeon ProRender renderer, an implementation of the Radeon ProRender API, for developers looking to add physically-based rendering to their application’s workflow.
What is more, MAXON’s Cinema 4D R19 will also include the integration of Radeon ProRender, starting September 2017. More details can be found on MAXON’s website or you can watch a tutorial video and study this article.
Updates to Radeon ProRender Plug-ins and Add-ins
The company also released updates to three of their currently available Radeon ProRender plug-ins and add-ins for 3D content creation tools. The Radeon ProRender add-in for SOLIDWORKS will be updated to version 22.214.171.124 with the addition of the following new features:
- SOLIDWORKS car paint appearances are now supported.
- Bump mapping on decals is now supported via Normal Maps.
- SOLIDWORKS environment settings can now be overridden from the Settings tab.
- Undo / Redo is available within the render window and applies to all settings.
- Synchronization of the render window with the SOLIDWORKS scene can now be toggled to allow a render to continue while the user modifies the model or switches between different model documents. The render will also continue if a model is closed, but the render window controls will be disabled.
- Environment lighting (IBL) can now be adjusted independently of SOLIDWORKS scene ambient light. To adjust IBL intensity, use the “Environment Multiplier” in the Lighting panel in the Settings tab.
Visit Radeon ProRender website for more details.