Hello ! I am a video game student @ILOI & I am very thankful, your speech is very motivating .
Except the dude clearly doesn't know much of anything about the 3D game pipeline. Yeah, if you're very skilled, a high poly sculpt could, certainly. But then there's retopology, UV mapping, texture baking, rigging, animating, other means of optimization once imported into the engine. Granted it wouldn't take anywhere near the production time of a AAA character (Which the High-poly sculpt took maybe 10-15 hours altogether, but the finished character took ~94 hours). And granted pokemon models aren't nearly as complex as that, but I think at least a 1-3 hours from start to finish to be a fair average expectancy of artists who know the work flow well enough. I just hate how people are so critical of artists when they clearly don't understand what goes into it.
Survios released all-new gameplay video and screen shots for Raw Data, sci-fi cooperative VR first-person shooter. These new assets come from a behind-closed-doors demo that Survios hosted during E3, highlighting new gameplay features. Raw Data will launch on Steam Early Access on July 14th. The game is an immersive social virtual reality experience for the HTC Vive.
Neo-Shinjuku, 2271. The massive and seemingly benevolent Eden Corporation owns the world. The elite hacker resistance movement SyndiK8 has unearthed the sinister reality behind Eden Corp’s newest line of robotic products. As one of SyndiK8’s top operatives, your mission is simple: in ltrate Eden Tower, steal one geopbyte of data, and get out alive— bringing Eden Corp down in your wake.
Built from the ground up for virtual reality, Raw Data’s action combat mechanics, sci- atmosphere, intuitive controls, and darkly humorous narrative will completely immerse you within the game world. Go solo—or team up with a friend— and become the adrenaline-charged heroes of your own futuristic technothriller. You will put your wits, boldness, and endurance to the test.
Active VR gameplay turns you into a controller, with instant re ex access to an arsenal of advanced weapons and cutting- edge nanotech powers. Shared spaces with avatars and motion tracking encourage players to physically communicate through body language and environment interaction.
- Active VR Gameplay: Utilize your body to pump shotguns, draw and re explosive arrows, dual wield pistols, hurl grenades, slash and slice katanas, de ect projectiles, do gun tricks, or even use your sts in close-quarters combat.
- Choose Your Hero: Play as one of two starting heroes–Gun Cleric or Cyber Ninja–each with their own unique weapons and nanotech powers, including bullettime, telekinesis, sword throwing, rapid re, levitation, charged shots, and more.
- Deadly Defenses: Hack into Eden’s munitions database to access weapon upgrades and deadly defense systems to amplify your shootout strategy. Transform your environment with turrets, barricades, dynamic cover, and traps.
- Unlock System: Challenge yourself with numerous missions, unlocks, trials, leaderboards, and achievements. As you you progress, liberate more SyndiK8 heroes and unlock advanced capabilities from Eden Corp’s data vaults.
- Adaptable Enemies: Battle against swaths of killer robots, including ninja stealthers, laser gunners, heavy rocket mechs, jumping crawlers, ying drones, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Team up in a shared co-op VR space that encourages social communication via body language, facial expression, blended animation, and simulated eye contact.