Bit late to the game. The kickstarter got cancelled in January! :(
Kickstarter failed and it got cancelled?
will the course contain timelapses?
Game studio Re-Logic announced that more than 20 million copies of Terraria were sold. Terraria was released in May 2011, so it took about five and a half years for the game to get to this point. It is also stated that 8.5 million copies were sold in the 18-month period between June 2015 and the end of 2016.
“The entire team would like to say a massive THANK YOU to all of you for making all of this possible,” Re-Logic said in a news release. “It has been a pleasure to have all of you along on the journey thus far, and we are really looking forward to continuing down that path. Terraria is a game — and a franchise — that has so much life left in it, and we cannot wait to share those plans with you in the months and years to come.”
Terraria is now available on all the possible platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation Vita, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Windows Phone, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Mac, Linux, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The console version of the 1.3 update is “just around the corner,” to be followed “right behind that” by the mobile version. Re-Logic also has Terraria: Otherworld in the works, which still needs “quite a bit of work — and even a good bit of rework — in a number of areas.”
Terraria Fun Facts
Launch: May 2011
- PC Only
- ~250 Items
- 6 NPCs (7 if you count the Old Man)
- 20 Enemies
- 3 Bosses
- 10 Biomes
- Game “ended” with the Dungeon, explorable upon defeating the final boss of the game at the time, Skeletron
- ~20.5 Million Copies Sold (8.5m alone in the 18 months since 1.3 on PC!)
- Available across one of the widest arrays of gaming platforms of any game ever: PC/Mac/Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS VITA, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon mobile devices
- ~3,800 Items
- 25 NPCs (26 if you count the Old Man)
- ~350 Enemies
- 16 Bosses (plus 9 mini-bosses!)
- 27 Biomes (Plus a number of “mini-biomes” such as Pyramids or Living Trees)
- Handful of Optional “Events” (The Moons, Invasions, etc)
- Game “ends” with Moonlord, though optional content remains
- Expert Mode for those with the skills to take on the ultimate Challenge!
- Numerous Quality of Life Improvements (Too many to mention, really!)
- ….and we still have more planned to come your way!