The demo is already available to download.
Have you ever wondered what tasks do space colonizers in movies and books have to accomplish prior to settling on a new planet? If the answer is yes, then take a look at Riftbreaker, an upcoming base-building, survival game with Action-RPG elements. You play as captain Ashley S. Nowak – an elite scientist/commando inside a powerful Mecha-Suit. You will visit Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, with the purpose of building up a base that will allow travel back to Earth and further colonization.
On Galatea 37 you will need to hack and slash countless enemies, build up your base, collect samples, and research new inventions to survive.
- Base Building: Your task is to construct a two-way rift back to Earth. It is a very complex invention and requires enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up a complex chain of mines, refineries, powerplants, and research facilities to complete this mission.
- Exploration: Varied biomes can surprise you with unknown fauna and flora as well as harsh weather conditions.
- Defense: Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed. As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the world will start seeing you as a threat. Build up your defenses. Construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day.
- Hack, Slash, Shoot: Your mecha can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you scout the planet.
- Research: Use the samples that you've gathered to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-suit or improve existing technologies.
- Craft: Your mecha is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you've researched to craft new parts and weapons.
- And more!