Unity has revealed its 2020 roadmap, where the company shared its future plans, releases and new solutions regarding the workflow.
Unity has shared its 2020 roadmap with future plans and releases. The company also took into consideration the current global situation and gave complimentary access to 2 platforms: Unity Learn Premium and Create with Code Live.
Unity Learn Premium access has started March 19 and will end on June 20. To get access, you just have to log in and you will get live sessions with Unity experts and more than 350 hours of educational material.
Create with Code Live will give you virtual classes from Unity experts for anyone who is interested in learning how to code. The classes will start on March 23.
Getting back to the roadmap, Unity stated that in 2020 the key areas of product focus are:
- Reliability and Performance
- Creative Workflows
- Scalable Quality
- Reaching Your Audience.
To discuss the areas, you can join two roadmap sessions on the Unity YouTube channel:
- Wednesday, March 25 – Core technology and workflows.
- Wednesday, April 1 – Cloud services for operating games.
As for now, the team has planned the following technical improvements:
- This year, there are going to be two TECH stream releases (2020.1 and 2020.2). Also, starting with the next release, the default version of Unity on the Hub will be the LTS version.
- The Unity team takes care of your creative needs by speeding production and providing more capabilities.
- By bringing the Beta Program back, Unity gives you a more direct path to the Engineering team that constantly builds and enhances tools.
Furthermore, Unity wants to increase the support of all stages of the game creation lifecycle by simplifying game operation and monetization after its launch.
- Improving the tools and services that game developers need to connect players around the world.
- Using Multiplay and Vivox services to maximize server uptime and player joy.
- Releasing Unity Game Simulation that uses the power of cloud simulation to balance the game and accelerate time to soft-launch. Additionally, ML-Agents 1.0 will be launched soon that will allow you to create non-player characters in a less time- and money-consuming way.
- DeltaDNA and ChilliConnect will help you find new players and keeping the old ones in the game by using its solutions in analytics, cloud save, and economy management.
With the real-time 3D technology getting into gaming and changing the whole creation workflow, Unity adjusts its approach at every stage of the production:
- Extending the use of real-time 3D in the building and product life cycles by making it easier to make any iterations quickly and simplifying the collaboration between the teams.
- Working on the quality, safety, reliabilMaking products better, safer, and reliability with Unity Simulation, a Unity cloud service that gives an ability to test, train and validate all of your scenarios at once.
Read the full article on the Unity website.