Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
That is really a great thing for us all. http://fewhacks.com/
I just based my landscape material on this. I just wish I could exactly figure out what is going on with normals, ao and displacement here.
That was extremely helpful! Thank you!
Rockstar Toronto Needs an Environment Artist
27 February, 2017
Join Rockstar Games to create next-generation worlds for exciting upcoming projects. Create immersive, living and fully-realised environments. You have a chance to work at Rockstar Toronto on creating exciting and believable artwork, building and texturing environment assets for the biggest and best open world environments in the industry.
- Sculpting, modeling and texturing terrain for next-gen game environments.
- Work within the map department specialising in landscape terrain art.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist and Creative Directors.
- Ensuring artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Preferably worked on released titles.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Should be proficient at sculpting natural landscapes of varying terrain.
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop and either ZBrush or Mudbox is required.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Game experience preferred.
Source: Rockstar Games