Thanks a lot for sharing! It's hard to find useful info on lighting.
Wow, that's great. Have to try this out!
Wow beautiful environment. Very thorough and detailed. But I think there are a few images that are not showing up (error?). Is that just me? Interested in seeing those other pictures...
V1.0 of SceneTerrain, a Blender add-on for generating 3D terrains, the first in the 1.x development cycle is out, so the tool is finally stable with most of the features in place.
A solution by Arnaud Couturier allows to generate terrain meshes from preset shapes or from a heightmap, populate terrains easily with forests, rocks and grass clumps. The toolkit also features a library of ground textures and high-poly trees and an ability to export terrains to Unity and Unreal Engine in RAW format.
Here are some of its features:
- Generate the terrain mesh from preset shapes, with control on the amount of mountains and water bodies
- Generate the terrain mesh from your own heightmap, useful if you have real-world data
- Automatically generated terrain material that can be tweaked manually if needed
- Realistic water volume lets you have beaches and underwater biomes
- Included library of ground textures for the terrain material
- Export your terrain shape to Unity and Unreal Engine 4 with the RAW format
- Populate your terrains easily with forests, rocks, and grass clumps
- Included library of high-poly, textured trees
- Works with SceneCity, let your cities blend naturally on the terrain features
- Easy to use with dedicated GUI nicely integrated into Blender’s
- 100% pure Python addon that will work anywhere Blender does: Windows, Mac and Linux
- Updated regularly with new features, content, and to stay up to date with Blender’s latest features
- DRM-free, no activation needed, just download it and use it
You can find more info on the tool along with a breakdown of v1.0 here.