Everyone is invited to participate and use Houdini to make games for a chance to win game dev prizes.
Houdini Game Jam will take place over the course of one week from December 3rd to December 10th, 2021. The game jam will begin when the theme is revealed via live stream on SideFX’s Twitch channel at 11 am PDT on December 3rd. Game jammers will then have one week to build their games and submit them to the ITCH.IO page before the deadline of 5 pm PDT on December 10th.
Game jammers are encouraged to use the hashtag #HoudiniGameJam21 for social media posts about their game development. The eligible game entries will be played by the judges and prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winning teams.
SideFX is providing temporary Houdini Indie licenses for use by game devs during the jam. You may fill this form to receive it.
All of the eligible game entries will be played and judged by a panel of Houdini, 3D art, and game dev professionals.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winning games will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Art & Animation
- Sounds & Music
- Gameplay & Fun Factor
- Use of the Theme
- Use of Houdini
The winners will receive the following prizes from HGJ’s sponsors:
1st Place: Houdini Indie | 3 Year
2nd Place: Houdini Indie | 2 Year
3rd Place: Houdini Indie | 1 Year
Also, winners will receive prizes from sponsors of the event.
- Paid Tutorials from Mix Training
- Paid Tutorials from Experience Points
- Paid Classes from Houdini School
- Discounts on Paid Workshops at Rebelway
Resources and assets:
- $100 in Unreal Engine Marketplace
- €100 in Codecks Credits
- 80 Level Talent Invite Codes
- 1 Year Membership from IGDA
- Paid Subscription from Game Textures
- Paid Asset Kits from Kitbash
- Sound and Music Vouchers from WeLoveIndies
Made-with-Houdini Game Codes:
- The Ascent from Neon Giant
- SkateBIRD from Glass Bottom Games
- Blazing Sails from Get Up Games
- StalakMiner from Heats Inc.
- Curious Expedition 2 from Maschinen-Mensch
- Shoulders of Giants from Moving Pieces Interactive.