Those animations look amazing!! Great job!
Very cool review of the making of Spellbreak. Would be even more cool to see some videos inside UE4 showing how they do a few very specific things unique to them.
This was so helpful for me. I'm hoping to adapt your tutorial to pull off something similar comparing modern satellite imagery with historical maps. No topo, so my steps should be simpler, but I'm a novice with Blender and you've really helped. Thanks!
Skydance Interactive is looking for a talented 3D Artist to work on both character and environment pieces for a multiplayer FPS called PWND in Marina Del Rey, California. An ideal candidate is described as well-versed in organic and hard surface modeling, collision geo, texturing, materials.
- Model, sculpt and texture stylized 3D characters, environment pieces, and props.
- Create a mix of painted and graphic textures to match the game’s art visual style, working closely with lead and concept artists.
- Optimize art assets to meet performance goals and create collision geo.
- Troubleshoot and provide creative and technical solutions regarding the art pipeline and process.
- Collaborate in R&D efforts to push the development boundaries.
- Provide best practices & techniques for other artists.
- 3+ years experience in the game industry with at least one shipped title.
- Proficient in Maya and Zbrush with a history of of both realistic and stylized work.
- Strong demo reel or portfolio showcasing your most recent work.
- Ability to work and contribute effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Great problem solving skills for both artistic and technical needs.
- Experience with UE3 or UE4 strongly preferred.
- Passionate about games.
- Experience with both PC and console art creation.
- Strong eye for lighting and experience with PBR lighting and materials.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, composition, perspective, etc.).
- BA, BFA or an equivalent professional certification.