Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
is it possible to sell this scene on gumroad
Very Nice, Love the rocks man!
Sony PlayStation Needs a Senior Environment Artist
10 February, 2017
Sony is looking for a Sr. Environment Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on creating environment/level assets, utilizing a combination of traditional fine art and technical art skills in Bend, Oregon.
- Create stunning organic and hard surface 3D models for an open world real-time game environment.
- Produce rich materials and shaders that complement and enhance the 3D models.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to layout game areas which are engaging and visually inspiring.
- Work closely with the art director/manager and team leads to deliver and maintain the established art style.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to issues related to asset creation, performance, and technical requirements.
- Work well within the team environment and be able to initiate and lead other team members.
- Independently undertake research and information to ensure game design needs and artistic direction are met.
- Proactively stay up on new software, processes and industry trends and share the knowledge with the team.
- A strong portfolio illustrating proficiency as a Senior Environment Artist
- Advanced experience with real-time 3D packages such as Unreal, Crytek, or Unity.
- Expert understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, and Z-Brush/Mudbox.
- Solid experience generating PBR materials and shaders.
- Professional experience working on current generation games
- Effective communicator with art staff, team leads, and other studio disciplines.
- Highly motivated and proactive, consistent productivity with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- 5+ years of experience in a game production environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach other artists.
- Experience using texturing software like Substance Painter and Designer.
- Traditional Design and Art skills such as composition, color theory and basic principles.