This is amazing! Please tell us, What programs where used to create these amazing animations?
I am continuing development on WorldKit as a solo endeavor now. Progress is a bit slower as I've had to take a more moderate approach to development hours. I took a short break following the failure of the commercial launch, and now I have started up again, but I've gone from 90 hour work weeks to around 40 or 50 hour work weeks. See my longer reply on the future of WorldKit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAYgW5JfCQw&lc=UgxtXVCCULAyzrzAwvp4AaABAg.8swLeUjv7Fb8swt1875FAT I am hard at work with research and code, and am not quite ready to start the next fund-raising campaign to open-source, so I've been quiet for a while. I hope to have a video out on the new features in the next few weeks.
Someone please create open source world creator already in C/C++.
IDV has presented SpeedTree Cinema 8, a new version of its tree, plant and foliage modeling tool. The latest update brings PBR force, enhanced library, improved export pipeline and more.
- PBR workflow and rendering. Supports non-destructive material editing, allowing artists to adjust textures on the fly.
- A new library of 150 models with thousands of 3D surface-scanned PBR textures. Each model contains multiple polygonal resolutions and adjustable seasonal variations.
- Improved export pipeline. Exports of both meshes and wind animations now run much faster and use less memory. Other improvements include UDIM support, better mesh unwrapping, hierarchical exports, and better bone weighting for skinned meshes.
- New leaf batching system. Leaf rendering in the SpeedTree Modeler is up to 1,000 times faster than version 7. This greatly speeds the modeling process and supports the creation of more complex models.
- Improved wind realism. Cinema 8 captures the complex dynamics of wind among leaves and branches more naturally. The overhauled system features a realistic rolling wind effect, is much easier to tune, and includes a new wind wizard.
- Many more improvements, including a new art director tool and an overhauled mesh cutout system.
SpeedTree Studio and SpeedTree Architect are no more. SpeedTree Cinema is now offered in various versions with both rental and perpetual licensing options. More details here.