EffectiveTDs has presented a new version of Storm, the team's standalone simulation tool.
The update brings a new particle mesher based on VDB, an alembic particle stitcher, improved sph behavior, and more. Camera is now fully selectable, moveable, plus they added curl noise for force and a number of improvements.
- Multithreaded. Modern architecture to accelerate your sims by using multiple threads.
- Fast Viewport. Multi-million particles and high res meshes are handled with ease. Reduced UI lets you focus on the shot at hand.
- Geo Import. Import geo in OBJ, SD and Alembic formats.
- Output Data. Storm offers PRT, BIN and Alembic cache export.
- Control. Stiffness controls, constraint forces. Simulate from sand to jelly with ease.
- Stability. Production-proven stable and fast granular simulation.
You can learn more on the EffectiveTDs website (there's also a 20% discount now).