I am very impressed! It is easy to see you are on your way to a well-deserved wonderful future.
An absolutely great read, thank you for this. Really lays a foundation on how to go about the learning process.
Hi Matthew and Mr VFX, I’m currently researching this topic of decomposing images into shading and reflectance layers. I would love to learn about what you are trying to use this for to learn more about applications for this technology.
Jonathan Van Immerzeel‘s Stylized Water Shader is updated. New great features are included, and the customizable pack is now supported in Unity 2018.1 and newer.
After its initial release in September 2016, the package sees a major version bump to version 2.0.0. The previous version of the pack can be found here.
With this version previously deprecated Desktop shaders have been made obsolete and removed from the package. They are now replaced by the Desktop shader previously marked as “Beta”.
- 3 new demo/example scenes: Island, lake and pond
- 4 water VFX assets
- New Mobile uber shader (up to ~37% faster)Lighting modes (Unlit/Basic/Advanced)
- Orthographic cameras
- Vertex painting support for intersection and opacity
- Support for Single-Pass Stereo rendering
- Reflection blurring
- Tiling deduction toggle (Desktop only)
- Color gradient feature (Desktop only)
- Additional waves layer toggle, for improved wave animations
- Surface highlight and Intersection distortion parameters
- Custom heightmap option
- Inspector UX improvements, sections now function as an accordion
- Tiling is now separated for each feature (Normals/Waves/Intersection/Foam)
- “Surface highlights” is now called “Foam” for clarity
- Depth and Intersection maximum value ranges have been increased
- Desktop shader no longer uses tessellation, for wider compatibility
- Compressed textures option now automatically bakes textures when value is changed
- Increased UV size of included meshes to be more in line with World-space tiling
- Wave direction now also allows negative values
- “Custom” toggles for intersection and waves is now a drop-down menu option
- Old demo scene and related assets
- Mobile Advanced and Mobile Basic shaders