Allegorithmic will host Substance Day SIGGRAPH on August 13, doing a livestream of the opening keynote.
Substance Day is always a very cool event during any big game event. It was a pleasure to attend it during GDC, and it would be awesome to check it out during SIGGRAPH 2018. During the opening keynote Allegorithmic’s CEO Sébastien Deguy will be showcasing the upcoming AI-powered tool Project Alchemist. After the first-ever Project Alchemist live demo, you’ll be able to see and hear a full day of talks offering practical tips for users, highlighting the impact of the Substance tools in multiple industries. Plus there’s going to be a party!
If you’re lucky to be at SIGGRAPH, you’ll be able to get access to all six sessions. Except for the first look at Project Alchemist, attendees will go behind-the-scenes with members of Double Negative, talking about the use of Substance in “Pacific Rim: Uprising.” Another session will highlight how AR & VR are helping to reshape architecture. Be prepared to learn more about the future of Allegorithmic as well.
Substance Day SIGGRAPH will be held in Convention Center East Building, Meeting Room 1, with doors opening at 9:30 a.m. PDT. The keynote will then begin at 10 a.m.
- Keynote Address, Including Live Project Alchemist Demo – Allegorithmic founder and CEO Sébastien Deguy; Allegorithmic Director of Strategy for Entertainment Jérémie Noguer
- Substance Designer: tips and tricks session by Wes McDermott, Allegorithmic Integrations Product Manager
- Substance Painter 2018 Summer Update, and Open Q&A Session Discussing the Future of the Tool – Jérémie Noguer, Allegorithmic Director of Market Strategy for Entertainment
- “Pacific Rim: Uprising” and Double Negative: A Matter of Substance – Marc Austin, Double Negative Build Supervisor
- Substance for VR/AR Experiences in Architecture & Design – Stephen Phillips, CTO of Theia Interactive
- Reveal of the David & Diana Apparel Creation Contest Winners – Allegorithmic founder and CEO Sébastien Deguy.
The keynote and the reveal of the contest winners will be streamed on the Allegorithmic YouTube channel.