We don't care. RIP Crytek.
I believe the scaling and sliding videos are swapped
С ума сойти как круто!
Sword Legacy: Omen is a challenging tactical RPG from Firecast Studio and Fableware set in the candlepunk realm of Broken Britannia. The game will give you a chance to embark on a thrilling journey as a vengeful knight aided by an eldritch sorcerer in search of the long-lost sword, Excalibur. The team promises rich environments, live a riveting storyline, and survive intense turn-based combat in the veins of classic games, such as Final Fantasy Tactics and X-COM. We’ve talked to Rodrigo Correa from Firecast Studio to find out more about the upcoming experience.
STORY & GAMEPLAY
The lord of Mercia has been assassinated, your love kidnapped, and your home is no more. As the leader of the party, you assume the role of Uther and his seven companions. Throughout your quest, you will have to face many trials and forge uneasy alliances in order acquire the mythical Excalibur sword and defeat the sinister and power-obsessed duke of Wessex.
Prove your worth as a tactician by exploring all five realms and dangerous locations, such as villages, dungeons, forests, and much more. Survive ambushes and rescue those in need by making use of each character’s abilities to solve riddles and vanquish your foes. It is up to you define the fate of Britannia… but at what cost?
Combat in Sword Legacy: Omen is always a challenge. As a strategist, you will need to plan your course of action with four characters at a time per quest. However, be ready to adapt and improvise because combat results always change based on the chosen abilities and the chances of landing an attack.
- Tactical Combat: Learn the importance of strategic positioning to unleash powerful talent combos.
- Free Exploration: When not in combat, investigate the environment, find treasures, solve riddles, and uncover secrets.
- Party Customization: Adapt characters to your play style, manage your team, and progress by unlocking over 70 unique skills.
- Hordes of Enemies and Unique Bosses: Fight a variety of vicious mobs and face powerful monsters in grueling battles.
- Stress System: Use all your might to become victorious, but deplete your willpower and witness your heroes fall prey to panic.
- Old-School Art Style With a Dark Twist: Relive the beautiful aesthetic of classic animations fused with the visuals of obscure and gothic comics.
- A Different Take on a Classic Myth: Experience the Arthurian legends as never before, as classic characters and places are revamped, in a mature storyline of vengeance, alchemy and retro technology.
- Interactive Environment: Study your surroundings and make deadly moves by blowing up explosive barrels and pushing enemies off edges.
We asked Rodrigo Correa from Firecast studio a couple of questions to learn more about the production process behind the title:
At Firecast Studio we use the Unity 3d engine for being more friendly and we also use the open source modeling tool Blender 3D.
The art of Sword Legacy is based on comics and cartoons produced in the 60’s and 80’s (The Black Cauldron, Sword in the Stone, Fantasia…), but with a more gloomy and decadent mood. We use cell-shading on the characters in a diffuse background so that the characters stand out. This way we keep the look of old cartoon, hand-painted in an acetate film (all for nostalgia). On the other hand, the characters communicate through speech bubbles that refer to comics.
The scenarios are modular and all assembled by hand. We preferred to follow this path rather than self-generated because of the diversity of scenes. We would hardly achieve something unique within the foreseen time if it were not so.
Rodrigo Correa, Firecast Studio
Interview conducted by Kirill Tokarev.
Sword Legacy: Omen will be coming to PC in 2017.