I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Take a look at a free Sylvanas Windrunner Maya rig that you can get on Cubebrush. The project is available for non-commercial use only, but it’s still nice to play with. Modeled and textured by Ray Thuc Le and rigged by Truong Cg Artist.
Cannot download the rig?
Software: Maya 2014 (or higher)
Rigged using Advanced Skeleton.
Polycount: >200k Tris (this is not a game character)
Texture: 4k Resolution PBR Roughness/Metalic Workflow
Maya scene files include:
Sylvanas_Rig.ma: the rigged Sylvanas.
SylvanasRigforGame.ma: the rigged Sylvanas for game purpose.
The bow rig was built based on the bow by Josh Underwood
Folder “redshift” contain all the files for rendering in Redshift3d.
Remember to set project, so all the textures can be loaded automatically.
Terms and Conditions
Download, display and animate the Rig for your non-commercial, personal use.
Under the following conditions:
You must include the following attribution notice, in the credits or on screen during a presentation every time you share the Rig, the Material or Your Work.
With the understanding that:
- You may use the Rig in your demo reel.
- You may not use the Rig or any modification of the Rig to promote a commercial venture.
- You may not give or distribute the Rig or any modifications of the Rig to others.
- You may post Your Work on your own site or social media pages, or you may link to a third-party site containing Your Work, so long as the third-party does not break any of these Rules.
- Once you’ve shared or used the Rig, anyone else using it also has to follow these Rules. You have to be clear with them that it is not you giving permission to use the Rig, it’s us.
- You may not use Rigs or Materials to create anything that contains pornographic, sexually explicit, lewd, obscene, objectionable, or excessively violent content, promotes or condones illegal activities, or incites hate or violence against an ethnic, religious, or protected group. Whether the content is “objectionable” is up to us.
Sylvanas Windrunner is copyright by Blizzard Entertainment.