I really like how you've articulated your entire process. This was a very enriching read. A Well deserved feature!
Great article! Thanks for the awesome read.
Wow, this is so cool! Nice job!
Ubisoft is looking for an experienced texture artist, who’s willing to work in Montreal. The artist will create and/or modify textures (all layers required) and apply them to game elements, in keeping with the artistic director’s vision. It’s not clear, what project will he be working on. More information could be found here.
- Create or modify textures based on the object and its use;
- Define the types and number of textures to produce with technical leads and in keeping with the project’s technical constraints (number of layers, available memory, texel ratios, etc.);
- Optimize the textures that are produced and their uses;
- Produce all of the textures required (nmap, spec, diffuse, etc.) to reach quality standards and emphases the project’s vision;
- Help optimize game levels through textures;
- Master 2D tools and understand 3D tools to create the textures for the unwrap and test the mapping;
- Create materials (multilayer);
- Be aware of the objects and environments created by modellers, level artists and level designers in order to support planning the work;
- Help plan texture production with the immediate supervisor based on the needs of level artists and/or modellers;
- Validate the textures’ quality once they are imported in the game and improve them whenever necessary;
- Be proactive in exchanges with the modelling and level artist teams in order to adapt the textures to their needs and constraints;
- Fix bugs related to textures;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in modelling, texturing, lighting or image processing or other relevant experience.