Thanks for featuring my alpha pack. I always try to keep the price super low so everyone can afford it, and such articles mean a lot! Thanks again. -Jonas Roscinas
not sure what the program will be...fancy video and I love everything allgorithmic does but I really dont know what this will be any thoughts
Insomniac is looking for an amazing character artist to work on its upcoming game about your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man. Don’t miss the chance!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Character Lead
- Creates models, textures, and shaders for characters, vehicles, weapons, and props
- Uses knowledge of human and animal anatomy to ensure that models achieve a high level of functionality and design aesthetics
- Checks character assets in context in the game to identify scale and design issues
- Optimizes models and shaders.
- Actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
- Works closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and are functional
- Solves problems with visual design; fills in the gaps between concept art and modeling
- Meets with other character artists to discuss style and technique and maintains visual consistency
- Other duties may be required
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree (B.F.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced understanding of Photoshop, Maya and Z-brush, Mudbox or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
- Understanding of node based shader networks a plus. Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
- Other Skills: Drawing, sculpting, and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles. Understanding of clean edge flow and best practices for modeling for animation performance. Knowledge of human and animal anatomy. Strong traditional painting skills in both stylized and photorealistic styles. Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules. Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.