The studio is looking for specialists who will help the team "forge the future" of the Gear of War IP.
The Coalition, the studio behind the Gear of War franchise, is apparently working on a new installment in the series, according to a job posting on Microsoft's website.
The job ad was posted on Tuesday, with its title, titled "Senior Gameplay Designer – Gears of War – The Coalition", clearly indicating the specific project the applicants will be involved in.
"We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices," the ad reads. "Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible."
The required skillset for applicants comprises expertise in "Character, Camera and Controls (3Cs)" or "Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems." Additionally, the studio says it is looking for a person who has "experience owning large scale features and guiding them from initial concept through to polish and completion."
Here's a full list of responsibilities and requirements:
- Work closely with Creative Director/Lead Designers on game design initiatives and features;
- Take ownership of major gameplay features from concept through to delivery;
- Define and drive the design, requirements, and priorities;
- Create and maintain high-quality design documentation;
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to realize and iterate on designs;
- Work closely with production to assist and provide feedback on high-level plans and schedules;
- Inspire those around you to strive for the most fun and exciting player experience.
- Degree in Art, Game Design, or related field AND 4+ years relevant internship/work experience OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience in Character, Camera, and Controls (3Cs), or artificial intelligence (AI) systems;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Solid game design foundation;
- Creative and analytical with a keen eye for detail;
- Proven experience designing game features and mechanics.
The news comes shortly after industry insider Jeff Grubb from Giant Bomb revealed on his show Game Mess Mornings that The Coalition had abandoned two previous projects, and is now focusing on creating Gears of War 6, which, according to Grubb, had become the studio's exclusive priority.
You can find The Coalition's job posting here. Also, don't forget to join our 80 Level Talent platform, our Reddit page, and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.