Here's your chance to join a AAA studio to work on an unannounced title.
Santa Monica Studio, an American video game developer best known for developing the God of War series, is looking for an experienced Lead Tools Programmer for the full-time development of a new, unannounced title. The company seeks someone to facilitate content iteration, interface with stakeholders and drive collaborative projects.
- Build, refine, and support plugins and data pipeline to facilitate content iteration.
- Maintain open dialogues with customers, inviting feedback, looking for areas of improvement.
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects.
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions.
- Profile and optimize systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance.
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices.
- Partner with leads and directors to meet visual and technical standards.
- Help optimize by educating team members as well as driving profiling automation and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience.
- Expertise in C/C++ and Python required
- Solid understanding of 3D math.
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and extensible code with attention to reusability.
Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team.