Donald Trump, insulation is a seamless wall with airpockets. Ceilings can be printed using a re-enforcing scaffold for support. Try googling info..
Really awesome work and the tutorial is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely no information about the 4.2 release - was it ever released in September. There is about as much information on trueSKY as there is in any of the so called products that use it. For me this lack of transparency is killing there business and points to fundamental issues with the technology. Google trueSKY in YouTube and you'll hardly get any information at all. For such a ground breaking technology this is very suspicious. Do they not have a marketing team - do they even care? Sounds like a very small company which wishes to remain small and doesn't understand what they can become because with the technology they have they should be targeting a bigger profile, revenue streams and audiance than they have and the lack of foresight here with the Simul management is quite frankly very disapointing. Another 10 years could easily disapear for these guys and they will simply remain a small fish. Very sad.
KATANA, the Foundry’s lighting and lookdev solution, has been updated to v2.5. Now, all studios can use KATANA on either Windows or Linux. KATANA 2.5 is easier to install, and offers an expanded range of supporting plug-ins, including RenderMan, V-Ray, Arnold and 3Delight.
- TP 116498 / BZ 49694 – Example projects using RenderMan as the main renderer are now compatible with RenderMan for Katana (RfK) 21.0.
- TP 198065 – Katana crashed when previewing curves with degrees different than 1 or 3 in the Viewer tab.
- TP 228162 – Katana would fail to render in batch mode if the current user’s ‘.katana’ directory did not exist and could not be created.
- TP 228312 – Color picker dialog RGB values did not update if the edited parameter was not locally set.
- TP 229524 – File Browser Quick Links containing a trailing slash were assigned an empty label.
- TP 229719 – Documentation of GroupBuilder in C++ was missing.
- TP 229823 – Progress messages displayed while baking a Look File would include no location name while processing locations that did not exist in the reference scene.
- TP 229981 – Live rendering did not update when no network connection was present.
- TP 230292 – The File Browser Current Favorite did not update within a Katana session.
- TP 231260 – When choosing commands from the Pin submenu in the context menu of a location in the Scene Graph tab, an exception was raised.