Those animations look amazing!! Great job!
Very cool review of the making of Spellbreak. Would be even more cool to see some videos inside UE4 showing how they do a few very specific things unique to them.
This was so helpful for me. I'm hoping to adapt your tutorial to pull off something similar comparing modern satellite imagery with historical maps. No topo, so my steps should be simpler, but I'm a novice with Blender and you've really helped. Thanks!
KATANA, the Foundry’s lighting and lookdev solution, has been updated to v2.5. Now, all studios can use KATANA on either Windows or Linux. KATANA 2.5 is easier to install, and offers an expanded range of supporting plug-ins, including RenderMan, V-Ray, Arnold and 3Delight.
- TP 116498 / BZ 49694 – Example projects using RenderMan as the main renderer are now compatible with RenderMan for Katana (RfK) 21.0.
- TP 198065 – Katana crashed when previewing curves with degrees different than 1 or 3 in the Viewer tab.
- TP 228162 – Katana would fail to render in batch mode if the current user’s ‘.katana’ directory did not exist and could not be created.
- TP 228312 – Color picker dialog RGB values did not update if the edited parameter was not locally set.
- TP 229524 – File Browser Quick Links containing a trailing slash were assigned an empty label.
- TP 229719 – Documentation of GroupBuilder in C++ was missing.
- TP 229823 – Progress messages displayed while baking a Look File would include no location name while processing locations that did not exist in the reference scene.
- TP 229981 – Live rendering did not update when no network connection was present.
- TP 230292 – The File Browser Current Favorite did not update within a Katana session.
- TP 231260 – When choosing commands from the Pin submenu in the context menu of a location in the Scene Graph tab, an exception was raised.